Monday, October 17, 2011

Independent Component 1 Plan Approval

CONTENT:
(1) Write a description of what you plan on doing for your independent study component.
I plan on either just doing the full 110 hours of service learning which will cover my two independent study components. I've been asking many health facilities like Red Cross, the Kaiser Permanente in Baldwin Park but I didn't get accepted to do my independent task there, so I have to look elsewhere. I am looking into my doctor's office and I will have that answer by tomorrow after 4:00 PM.


(2) Describe in detail how you think your plan will meet the 30 hours work requirement.
My plan is to do my service learning at my doctor's office as well as my first independent study component. Then when I am 18 in February, I will do the second part of my independent study at Kaiser Permanente in Baldwin Park. Since the due date for the first Independent Component is due until early February, I will have the 30 hours of requirement done by that date and then after I go to Kaiser Permanente for my second independent component, I will have 30 hours done by the due date of March 27, 2012.


(3) How does your independent study component relate to your EQ?
My EQ is "What is most essential to being a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)?" My independent study will be in a health facility and what better place to do this but at a doctors office or some sort of department full of LVNs. You are surrounded by LVNs and RNs which will answer my EQ simply with the qualities and skills of an LVN and with additional information of an RN.

No comments:

Post a Comment