Thursday, April 26, 2012

Independent Component 2

Literal

(a) Statement saying: “I, student name, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”

(b) Assisting Licensed Vocational Nurses with whatever they needed. Helping the patients in need and assisting their every need, of course with supervision of the nurses. Leading activities with the seniors in the convalescent home.


Interpretive

Significant parts of my volunteer work is getting to know the long-term patient and seeing how I, myself can improve patient care with nurses. I would tell the nurses that the patient needs attention or the patient needs your assistance. I would try my best to assist every patient in need when the nurses weren't there because at times the nurses would leave me alone with the paitnets. Imagine me surrounded by old folk. I would have gone crazy, but surprisingly I did not. I loved helping every single one.

Applied

Honestly, from just observing. Why you ask? Well all the nurses in the Rowland Convalescent Home are all bitter to be brutally honest. It is what it is. For example, looking at the nurses go from day to day task like taking the patients vital signs, to simply TRYING to be an empathetic nurse, or distributing their daily medication. What I've seen so far is that the staff try to push each other to improve the patient quality there. It's hard because all the nurses are ignorant to one another but they really do focus on their long-term patient. 


Grading Criteria

· Log (calendar or list)

No comments:

Post a Comment