Thursday, April 26, 2012

(Unfortunately) Helping 2013 (Kidding, sorta)

Who did you interview: Gabriel Barreras
What day and time: 11:30
(1) What ideas do you have for your senior project and why?

  • One idea I've have for a long time is law in general. I've always been interested in law and I want to be a lawyer for my future career.
  • Natalie Luna is doing her senior project on criminal law. Yoy may want to talk to her for ideas about service learning or anything else and make you sure you specify what kind of lawyer.
(2) What do you plan to do to complete the 10 hours of service learning (working with an expert) which is due prior to senior year starting? Note: They also have to complete the 50 hours during the school year.

  • I'm not entirely sure yet. I want to volunteer at a law firm. I have a cousin who is a lawyer, so I am hoping I can go to his firm and volunteer there.
  • Before even summer starts, make sure you talk to your cousin and see how logn th process will take to start volunteering and if he says that you won't be able to volunteer, start searching elsewhere. That will give you enough time to look for another and have a backup place to get your hours done which are very crucial before you begin your senior year. Make sure you make great connections with the people at the law firm. It will help you answer your essential question. 
(3) What do you hope to see or expect to see when watching the class of 2012 present their two hour presentations?

  • I would expect to learn a lot. I hope to see the environment and structure of the presentation so I can get an idea of how to setup my two-hour.
  • Make sure you pay attention to how the overall structure of the senior presentation. I recommened you go to Natalie Luna's presentation. Pay attention because something might catch your eye that you would like to do for your two hour.  
(4) What questions do they have about senior project? What additional recommendations would you give the 2013 student about senior project? Be specific and note what you told them.
  • The senior project is composed of two Independent Components, Service Learning, Science Fair, Interviews (4), Mini Presentation on your answer in response to your essential question. Make sure you have a service learning place or it will catch up with your interviews and log hours.
  • For the five minute presentation, make sure your answer is not too general. Be as specific as you can. Make sure it ties around your essential question. DON'T miss the dates to turn in your senior project components. Check your Senior Project Contract all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment