Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Senior Project Reflection


(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?
A:  I am most proud of having able to bring Mauricia Copada, my second/third/fourth interviewee to speak during my two hour. It's a touch job to bring any kind of nurse in to speak due to the fact that she works full time and works in Pediatrics so I know she must be exhausted. But she ended up coming anyways last minute and took the day off just for me.  She told me the day before my presentation, "No mijo, just be yourself. You're a great young man and I'm really proud of you. I'm happy that there are still a lot of hard working young people like you. You are our future. I mean that with all my hearrt. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't think you are great, for real." As you read, I am most proud of this because she really is a great nurse in general and I am glad I had the opportunity to share her knowledge/kindness to the audience.


(2) Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)? Why?
I didn't memorize my whole presentation. I did look at my notes quite a few times but nontheless, I did meet the time required and I did educate them my answers and what a LVN is and the material was understood. I did fix some information I left out in the end but it was covered. The clarirty of my tone was just right and I had enthusiasm and my presentation wasn't boring like others. I entertained the audience while educating them at the same time.
AE            P            AP            CR            NC

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)? Why?
I give myself an overall assesment of a P because I did all that was required and not one component is missing. I tried my best in each individual component, even with obstacles in the way and I got them done. What I learned overall my senior project and what I acomplished is out of my belief. It is what Ipoly taught me even if I do receive bad grades. It has shown me that there is a reason for each project they give us because in the end we might be destined to do something great in the world. (Look at the last answer)
AE             P            AP            CR            NC

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
Finding articles was the easiest out of everything in the senior project. Nursing is a big branch spread out into many different little branches which gave me a variety of things to search up and use for my research. 


(4) What didn’t work for you in your senior project?
The service learning did not work very well with me. It took me forver to finally come to a place where it wouldn't be a hassle to volunteer at everyday.
Finding my interviewees came quite easy for me. Seeing that I had connections in Kaiser, I easily found my LVNs to interview.  It was just the laziness of actually getting them done was the problem and their busy schedules =.


(5) Finding Value
How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples. 

The senior project helped me to undestand what I really want to pursue as a career. I want to become a Nurse Practitioner. I want to be able to make a difference in the medical field;big or small. The senior project has also changed my unemployment title that I have as of right now. Ana Velasquez (Department Administrator in Pediatrics) offered me an employment opportunity to work in Pediatrics (which is my dream to work there). Of course I graciously agreed. Without the push from Melogno and the nudge from Mr. Ogden, this would have never had happened if I stopped trying to get volunteer service hours there. 
-Thank you I-poly. You did something right, 

No comments:

Post a Comment