Monday, September 19, 2011

Senior Project Presentation: One

Lesson: What is the difference between an RN and LVN?

Objective: Students will learn to identify the difference between a Registered Nurse and Licensed Vocational Nurse.


Procedure:
Step 1:  I will introduce my lesson by asking a simple question to a few student for example, “We all know there different types of nurses in the medical field. Can you name a two different type of nurses?” Then I’ll call on a few. (Preferably someone who doesn’t know much about the medical field and someone who does)

Step 2: I will say to the students the title of my mini lesson.

Step 3: Then I will announce my objective for my mini lesson to the audience.

Step 4: For my visual, I will have pictures on a poster board of LVN’s and RN’s. Then I will ask the audience, “By looking at these pictures tell me who is a RN and LVN.” Of course they cannot because they all look the same so I will go in depth on what are are the differences of the two, etc.
Step 5: Next, I will check for understanding by calling on students and going back to my objective and see if they can answer it. I will call on a good amount of students. I will ask them to give me one fact on Registered Nursing and Licensed Vocational Nurse and move on to another student.

Step 6: I will explain to my audience what my career goal will be and why I chose this specific topic to talk about.

Step 7: I will wrap up my presentation by asking the audience if they have any further questions or if I need to repeat any of the material I said.

Check for Understanding: We will play a short game of Question & Answer. I will call on a random student and ask them a question and hopefully they answer correctly. If they do not answer correctly I will ask another person the same question, again chosen randomly.

Resource/Materials: For my mini lesson, I will have a poster board and pasted on there, will be pictures of LVN’s and RN’s in non-organizational form.
Possibly other materials/pictures that define a nurse like a stethoscope, needles, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment